Transfer of technologies
The overall partnership as well as the sub-contractors and stakeholders involved in the seaweed sector (Chambre Syndicale des Algues et Végétaux Marins, Syndicat Régional Conchylicoles, Parc Marins d’Iroise, AAMP, Competitiveness clusters, BioGenOuest et associated industries) will meet to discuss upon strategic issues such as :
- Establishing technological transfer plans by integrating the achievements, intellectual properties and intentions of each IDEALG partner institute (as individuals or as a consortium).
- Bringing the specific knowledge in seaweed biology and biotechnology to companies interested in transforming seaweed into services (bioremediation…) or high value products.
- Setting up a distribution and guidance interface which will group the IDEALG steering committee and Competitiveness clusters (Pôle Mer Bretagne, Valorial, Capbiotek…) as well as exchange with SATT Ouest Valorisation and LUTECH.
- Developing R&D projects with SMEs as well as supporting education and training engineers and technicians in the seaweed sector (aquaculture…)
- Exploiting intellectual properties acquired during IDEALG to start small businesses (start-ups, spin-offs…).